Thursday 8 July 2010

The unforgiving world cup takes another victim (in the HGC sweepstake)

After last night’s Spanish victory, another member of the HGC team sinks into their pocket to lay their hard earned notes onto the table.

Let’s be honest; even with the name Germany on my slip, I would have been cheering for the Spaniards after England were so embarrassingly dumped out of the competition.

Many of us failed to even make the 2nd round, but it was fun none the less (apart from Greg who held North Korea!).

Now we await the winner, who will no doubt torment us with their totally non-skilful win by not even offering us a refreshing beverage for our generous gift. I, on the other hand, will be setting up a fantasy ‘table-football’ World Cup where I have more control over my chances.

If you’d like to come join in the antics get in touch, we’d be happy to put four past you!

HGC x

No comments: